Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sam' Ace has his first test mare in foal

We check our new first year stallions by test breeding a non-thoroughbred mare in November, when the stallions hormones are at their lowest ebb. We use this -plus normal semen evaluations to insure the New Stallions are truly able to get mares in foal. It is always with a big sigh of relief when we get a test mare in foal. Also we were very happy with how quickly and professionally that "Sam" took to his new vocation. He covers quickly and efficiently.

NICE JOB SAM.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi, I think I may have bought the test mare. I purchased a 12 year old percheron mare out of Lynden on Halloween 2008 and at her side was a warmblood colt born the first week of October. He is gorgeous, and big, and such a hoot. He squeels when is trying to run as fast as he can around his mom. I love him. He will be colored like his dad and has four white socks and a star. I am trying to confirm he is Sam's son. I was told he was. Can you help me out on this? Thank you