Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Farm on the 4th

All photos by our friend Connie Hoge
The three musketeers---from right to left--Ziggy -our 24 yr old pony horse--middle-Our Shanghi express--left is Empassabella




A wild rose on our river bank-lots of them.




A wild raspberry -there are lots of these.




Can still see snow on Mount Pilchuck.






Wild roses.







The homestead.






Down the lane.





Sam's Ace --his first foals run this year-exciting.




















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such nice pictures. Ziggy looks great!
Diane

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Catherine said...

I'm looking at a horse you once owned, or so I've heard. Can you tell me about a gelding named Tropic Storm? Had a career ending eye injury...Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Email: maderam@wwdb.org

David Sumners said...

I was researching Meridian Saddles and ran across your site. After looking at many different pages/posts I can only conclude what a beautiful place,a beautiful family and a beautiful life you have. I am envious of the green grass and cool weather, as that I live in the Texas Hill Country on rock and cedar. it's going to be 108 degrees today and we've little rain in the last year.

I saw the post about Meridian Saddles. I have a saddle with the makers medallion that says "Meridian Arabian Saddles" with the image of three horses heads. This saddle fits my "dippy backed" Appaloosa perfectly when no other saddles will. I cannot find a way to contact them or if they are even in business. I was hoping that perhaps the Meridian Saddles you spoke of in your post might be the same maker as my saddle. If you can be of any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thank you and what a nice site,posts,pics and you've some outstanding animals. Have a great day sir.

David Sumners
davidsumners@yahoo.com