Sunday, August 20, 2006

Kathy Combelic's Saddle-756

In order to see the true artwork of Kathy's Saddle-It will be necessary for you to print it out in color on good paper. You will have to figure out how to do it.

This is an E-Mail that I got from Cathy Combelic on 20 Aug 06:

Hey Dean,

Take a look. this tells you just how good these saddles (Meridian Saddlery) really are> This one shot shows me way back in the 90's with one of the Arabs you got me from the Fairchild's. The saddle fits her and me too. The second shot shows Jim (Kathy's husband) saddling up a big ol' Paint, going to go on a ride with me. Me, still riding one of the Arabs but using a different saddle, giving Jim the quality ride. Much bigger butt on the person (Jim) and a much bigger horse. The third shot shows Holly (Pig Pen) riding a bigger yet Quarter horse but Holly herself, has a tiny butt. Now this tells you all you need to know about how great this saddle is. Fits people and the horse it is on.
And when you were talking about the horses back in Austin,Nevada, don't forget that I got Spud from you. One big and nasty spade-bit buckskin born in Austin. I still have the spade bit I got from Al Tietjen, Reno, Nevada. Probably got it in 1968-69.

Jeez, Dean, where the heck has the time gone????? You most likely don't know this but I have aquired 13 horses through you. Now that says a heck of a lot.
Your Friend
Kathy



The right side of #756- ordered by Kathy in 1969 and received in 1970. It is hard to see the detail on the fenders, but it is a lion jumping on a buck deer. Whole side violent. Remember, I had that old soggy quarter horse at the time.



This is a horn shot showing the #.



Left side of #756- Doves and a jackass with her foal. Peaceful.

1 comment:

scottielass said...

Cathy I was wondering if you were interested in selling your Al Tietjen bit? scottielass@peoplepc.com

Also lovely veterinarian horse owner you should post a picture of you and also your farm. LOL.