"When I despair, I remember that all through history
the ways of truth and love
have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers,
and for a time they can seem invincible,
but in the end they always fall.
Think of it ... always."--Mahatma Gandhi
This guy was way ahead of his and mostly ahead of all of our time. I am not a "peace-nik" but some things ring true.
Think of this after 9-11 and not of vengeance--maybe retribution -maybe hunting down a terrorist or few - definitely not hatred of a "big group"- as any time you form a group-the more exceptions you must make.
And to a very current race entry coming up---MEOMEOMY will be entered in the Washington bred $50K Belle Roberts stake on Sunday -Sept. 17, 2006. That is also my 70th birthday. She should be competitive with this group. There is one monster-Queenledo-But it might be that she "peaked" in her last race. Hopefully we are still "going up"--Meo may be peaking at this race. It is 1 and 1/16 miles - Probably can handle that distance-Big question-"can she handle the "Queen"? And the other 8-10 to be entered. Meo is by our recently deceased teaser--MY OMEN--he turned out to be a very good- underused Sire. On hindsite--we should have used him a lot. Hector Ventura- will ride her -He has great talent and "sense of race". Also he is a long-time friend. Kate should be back riding pretty soon. She broke a fibula (smaller bone in the lower leg) 2 months ago and should be back race riding soon.
3 comments:
Sorry to hear about Kate's leg. Please wish her a quick recovery for me....Can't believe how old you are getting, Dean....Sorry I can't relate......
Your young nephew...
Dan
Nice to know you wandered over to visit me ;-). I spent the morning with you though you didn't know it.
Put up a new fall background and reformatted your posts to make the side bar rise to the top again.
I'll call you and tell you how to stop that sidebar scroll down. The problem is from how you are loading pics to the blog.
Miss you and everybody else there. Guess I can't say too much about how damn old you're getting. I'll be 50 in a few months. Though I don't feel or think old. Still a good bitch. Just getting even LESS tolerant of idiots, poor music and really dumb tv.
Really, how much more stupid can mankind get? Oh yea, NUKES!!
Post a Comment