Stories of our northwest horses, green pastures, and good family & friends.
Sunday, February 26, 2006
Lilly Dust-with Adrianna up and Tropic Star with Eduvides up
It was a dull grey day until you see the attitudes and expressions on the faces -including horses of all in the photo. Mike Pattison, Lilly's owner took this photo as all were preparing to go "up top"- for a nice one mile easy gallop. Mike jogged along with the horses and thereby multi-tasked getting a "run" in and enjoying his Lilly Dust go for a nice relaxed run. The relaxed, confident feeling of all is readily apparent. Horses and people aren't "much" unless their mind is active, inquisitive, and happy with their lot in life. All of our efforts -both at the track and on the farm are geared to achieving these qualities. We feel very lucky to have the continuity of life to be similar both at the track and the farm. Charles and Manual work hard daily at the track to achieve continuity of contentment for all our horses at the track. Life is an adventure-not a destination. Spend it wisely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Head Honcho, you are talking damn straight.
We sure miss you guys, and the good people (and horses, and dogs, and cats) you keep around you. We are coming to see you --- will arrive in the Seattle area on 5May06, first stop Granite Falls for absofreakinlutely sure.
We will only be in town for 10 days --- we will have been travelling for two months straight by then -- so we are going to make the best use of our time and spend as much as possible with you guys.
Your blog is like an oasis -- when we get real thirsty for a taste of home we visit it. I just got a new computer, so Noi will have one to play with --- I'm sure she'll visit more often because she's got her priorities straighter than I do. I keep getting tied up with the urgent stuff and keep forgetting the important stuff. I believe I am in need of medication --- one of Annie's burritos twice daily should be just the ticket.
Please give everybody a kiss for us.
Love from su amigos
Noi and Cliff
Great picture. Great people. I know them you know (gg).
Hello. I know this may be a bit of a longshot, but I have a Swing and Miss filly (OK, I guess she's technically now a mare but I still think of her as a filly) and am looking for any photos of her as a foal or yearling. Her name is Swing the Belle, and she was foaled in 2001, out of Circle Belle. Any info is greatly appreciated. You can reach me at mike@littlebrotherrecords.com
Thanks,
Mike
Just found this blog today after searching Kissntheboysgoodby...great info..I have been following and cheering for her (Kisses) and her sister. We have their Grandam, Pachena Bay, on our farm and two of her fillies as well. I'll keep coming back for updates. Congratualtions and Great Job!!
Scott.
Post a Comment