Monday, July 17, 2006

Gear Up and Fly breaks his maiden with a COME FROM BEHIND RUSH and comes right back in 24 days to win again.

Our DEEP CLOSER CAN CLOSE



A nice maiden win for "Gear up" and The Essex's and Charltons. This was the last foal by My Omen-our wonderful teaser. He really threw some nice runners. I was just too dumb not to breed lots of mares to him. He died-while eating his breakfast, He was really old but hell, he was teasing mares last week and did not suffer. We will really miss the old guy. I will always remember him-accentuated by the scar on my arm from him grabbing me one night when I was late bringing him into the stall. As usual, that was my fault ,but we have a couple nice mares -Meomeomy and Bella Rubia to help carry on his lineage. I'm sure he went to the "good place in the sky".

"Gear up "comes right back with a nice -Non-winners of 2 for $12,500. Another great piloting by Kate. This horse is being lots of fun for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gear Up and Fly, what a wonderful horse. I heard from someone when he was in Az. that he was a horse with great potential. Guess that person was right. Charles has become a very respectable trainer who does the right thing by his horses. I know that his barn will continue to grow. And you Dean, well what can I say. You are an amazing person, and I thank you for helping make Kate the wonderful little rider she is. Charles too. I can't forget Ramona. Without all her help, Kate would have never been where she is now. I also want to tell you how sorry I was to her about My Omen. He had a very good life with you and your family.
Diane