Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Great friend- Pepsi Jackson-went to a better place

Pepsi---our friend-wife of Mel Jackson went to a better place this week.

She and Mel bred the great PACHENA-Champion mare in B.C. and Pachena was a big part of their lives for many years. This year, I visited Mel and Pepsi and showed them photos of Kissntheboysgoodby- a Pachena grand-daughter. Pepsi really loved Pachena and Pachena Bay -her daughter. Pepsi loved racing and when she said the word "Pachena"-she just glowed.

My wife Anne, reminded me today of the first and only time Anne led Pachena out to her paddock. Quote---"I don't mind taking the studs out but Pachena is just too tough for me."

Pepsi is survived by Mel and lots of relatives. We will always have a special spot in our hearts for Pepsi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like......

Resting Racers Ranch said...

My 101 year old grandmother just passed away on Nov. 3, 2008. I'm sure she has joined Pepsi in a better place.

ScrappyT said...

Hello Horse Racing fans
I have just started a new Horseracing blog here @ blogger, just wanted to say hello. I look forward to hearing from you and reading your blog.

Later
ScappyT
WWW.SCRAPPYTR.BLOGSPOT.COM