Thursday, October 23, 2008

SO YOU WANT TO BE A BRONC RIDER-from the Western Horseman-july 1953

Here Robert Sorrells is coming out of the saddle of JET PILOT at San Acacia. He drew the same horse the following Saturday at Truth or Consequences, N.M. -and rode him to a standstill> The crowd collected a large purse and gave it to Robert. He is damned sure a bronc rider.





Robert Sorrells- my mentor as a kid-He let me "hang out" with the big boys when I was 15 years old.



This is a copy of the actual photo and article taken from The Western Horseman-July 1953-



SO YOU WANT TO BE A BRONC RIDER-recently found by Donnie Sorrells -Robert's Son- and sent to me via E-mail. I have previously put a copy of the photo on this blog-but could not get the article til yesterday.








1 comment:

Resting Racers Ranch said...

WOW! I could never have been a bronc rider... my hhat's off to those that are and have been!!