Posted by Guest Blogger Kim, (Luna's Mom):
Luna and her big brother, Baby, love to run. I'm not quite sure it's play....it seems to us humans to be ... just running. This is a typical scenario at Dean & Anne's farm with Baby.
Here He Comes

Here We Go

WOOT

Can't Catch This

Running

Full Out

About Face

Snack Time

Pals

I Love You

That's about it. They run. And run more. And I swear Luna has some greyhound in her. She can get in a full stretch and nothing can catch her. Baby has more weight to haul but he is incredibly fast too. They are so fun to watch. We do have to keep them from getting too rough with each other which we do by yelling at them. Usually to come back or just a 'Hmmp' noise that Dean makes and Baby attends too. Both are really well behaved actually. And oh so fun to watch.
Luna and Baby are descendants of the original 'Baby Doll'. When I was about 10 years old, Dean and Anne lived in Las Vegas. My family met their family thru Dean becoming the vet for our dogs and horses. It's been an extended family for me since then. The original Baby Doll dog was one of the two smartest dogs and the most well trained dog I've ever known.
I'd hang out at Dean's office while he was working on tigers, bears, snakes, leopards and horses. These animals were either out of a show on the strip or people's personal pets. Baby Doll would sit on the couch in Dean's office and watch the animals pass within 10 feet of his nose. He was never worried or excited about any of it. It was just part of his every day job at the office. I played on the couch with him all the time. He was so fun and loving. Maybe someday Dean will write the history of the origianl 'Baby Doll.'
He was professionally trained to kill. I'm not kidding. Twice that I remember, Dean put him into attack mode and held fast on to his harness. I thought if Dean would have let him go, he would have eaten me alive. Then Dean would give him the 'out' command and Baby would rush to me, kissing me all over, begging for forgiveness. It was an interesting lesson in what a dog can do, learn, and how they should be treated and act. Any dog can be trained to kill. Training it to stop on command is what makes a truly trained dog. I remember to this day Dean telling me that.
It's a lesson I have never forgotten. And it applies to many things in life -- dogs, horses, and people. Sometimes, it's not what we're doing, it's were we're stopping in that process that is so important. We have all seen that 'not stopping' process in ourselves, our friends and family.
In the new of the year, I know there are many things we all want to change. Either add or stop. Here's to wishing us all success in our endeavor of those goals. One baby step at a time. Have I mentioned my issues with 'The Mail' yet?
You know those people you hear about that get buried alive under a pile of crap in their house? OK, I'm close to that. I have a PILE(S) of 'The Mail' in my kitchen. If someday, I don't blog for about a week without telling you, it means that pile of mail has fallen on me and I'm dead. So, please, come feed Luna would you? Before she eats me. End of Kim's Post.
Baby writes: So there you have it. Luna plays and Kim is going to get buried under a pile of crap soon. Monster mail. THAT's the way to start out a new year. Boy, I sure hope things at Casa de Luna get cleared up soon so that Luna can come back and play this summer. See ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment